Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanks Mom!



So a week or so ago, my mom called & told me about an article she saw in the paper about a website that will help save lots of $$ on groceries. I finally got some time & was able to look the site up! I have to say I was a bit sceptical because it costs $5/per month to use the website. But it offers a 4 week trial for $1. So Matt & I decided to give it a shot. So last night we went through the various stores for Lehi (Smith's & Albertsons) & figured out when we needed to buy. We then went through the coupons that we had on hand & decided to hope for the best.

This morning Nathan & I went grocery shopping. I am actually really surprised with how well we did!

Just at Smith's & Albertsons I spent $38.28 on groceries that normally would have cost $93.84! I can't believe I got away with almost a 66% savings!!!!


This is what I bought:
2 boxes fruity cheerios
1 box trix
2 boxes Cinnamon toast crunch
3 boxes pop tarts
5 boxes stuffing
1 bottle corn syrup
3 boxes ziploc gallon bags
2 apple juices
2 bags frozen peas
4 bags marshmallows
1 box oven bags
3.85lbs of red grapes
Now if I add the things I got at Wal-mart with a few coupons I spent a total of $66.81 for what would normally cost about $130!

At wal-mart I bought:
3 pkgs Jello
2 zucchinis
2 tubs cool whip
1 lrg. Tostito cheese chip dip
4 boxes Chex cereal
1 lrg bag Cheetos
2 jars of cooking cocoa
2 boxes wheat Ritz
1 small bag of m&m's (Nathan's treat)

This is only the first time that we've used this site...but I think we'll keep it up!
Thanks GranDee!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome Awesome!! I love a good deal! Honestly though, I say forget the website you have to pay for (is it The Grocery Game?)- I can hook you up with all sorts of great info - all for free! We'll have to plan a day to get together and I will teach you everything I know!! I LOVE coupons and sales! Gabriella thinks you can't buy things if you don't have a coupon for it!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Let's talk more about this when you have a minute!! (especially after Sunday ha ha) Good luck by the way with the program!!